Eastern Hercules Beetle:

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Insect Rod
Insect Rod
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

PostInsect Rod 1/4/2017, 7:47 pm

Ok, nice to know we have egg to adult from your captive breed. I guess another 3 months max could be added to the adult life span from the 15 months to adult?
Looks like for now the only way I can put my hands on Dynastes tityus is to purchase a dead one, but I don`t think I will be paying the prices they are asking.
Maybe I can trade off a few Bess beetles for a large nice looking male D tityus.
insect rod
Nathan
Nathan
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

PostNathan 1/5/2017, 7:05 pm

Insect Rod wrote:Ok, nice to know we have egg to adult from your captive breed. I guess another 3 months max could be added to the adult life span from the 15 months to adult?
Looks like for now the only way I can put my hands on Dynastes tityus is to purchase a dead one, but I don`t think I will be paying the prices they are asking.
Maybe I can trade off a few Bess beetles for a large nice looking male D tityus.
insect rod

I'll bring the adults out of hibernation in late April and I expect them to live until at least October maybe later.

If you're interested, I'll have some L3's in another month. I've already sold my extra males and won't have any more until next fall.
mothman27
mothman27
http://www.ebay.com/usr/loefflerlepidoptera

Postmothman27 1/5/2017, 8:08 pm

What is the price?
Insect Rod
Insect Rod
Experienced Member
Experienced Member

PostInsect Rod 1/5/2017, 8:22 pm

Thanks Nathan, good to know you help keep the species going. I will keep my eyes open, I still think the possibility exist that we may have D tityus even though I haven`t seen one in over 14 years here. I may take a very close look at this around late April or May since our winters are generally shorter and the hibernation time is generally shorter in the wild.
I mostly study and photograph invertebrates, but I do keep some dead ones like I show from time to time.
When I get a chance I may take a photo of our old oak growth forest.
insect rod
Nathan
Nathan
Familiar Face
Familiar Face

PostNathan 1/6/2017, 6:15 am

mothman27 wrote:What is the price?

PM me.
Sponsored content

PostSponsored content

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Create an account or log in to leave a reply

You need to be a member in order to leave a reply.

Create an account

Join our community by creating a new account. It's easy!

Create a new account

Already have an account? No problem, log in here.

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum